For RPA operators, with their AROC which is generally part of completing your RePL, an Airband Radio is part of your essential toolkit. The Icom A16E is a CASA approved Airband Radio, meeting the needs of drone and aviation users. The Airband radio from Icom provides clear two way communications suitable for drone operations, with the relevant and required airband frequencies.
Drone Accessories Australia are an approved Icom Australia Dealer, and all of our stock is purchased from Icom Australia.
There are many people selling Airband Radios that do not meet Australian requirements, including Icom versions from other countries. Please make sure any AirBand product you buy is approved for use in Australia.
PLEASE NOTE – You Must Hold A Current AROC To Use Or Purchase This Item, Proof Of AROC May Be Requested Before Item Ships
Technical Specifications –
8.33/25 kHz Ground to Air Radio with Class Leading 1500mW Powerful Audio
- 8.33 kHz and 25 kHz channel spacing
- 1500 mW loud audio provides clear communications
- 6W (PEP) output power
- Long Battery Hours
- Compact, waterproof IP67 durable body
- LCD key and backlight for night operation
- Auto Noise Limiter (ANL) for noise reduction
- Internal VOX capability
- 200 memory channels with 8 character names
- BNC type antenna connector
SUPPLIED ACCESSORIES (INCLUDED)
- BP-280 Battery Pack
- BC-213 Rapid Charger
- BC-123 SV AC Adapter for BC-213
- FA-B02AR Antenna
- MB-133 Belt Clip
- Hand Strap